Photography

Living Arrows 1/52

I’ve admired this project from afar as it were, wanting to join in, but I thought I would wait until the start of a brand new year! Hosted by Donna over at What the Redhead Said, it’s a way to capture little portraits of our children each week throughout the year. The project originally took its name from a poem by Kahlil Gibran called ‘On Children.’

Last week, before the Christmas decorations came down, I experimented with some photos in front of the tree. The lights were just so pretty and asking to be photographed!

I can’t remember what I did now to make Arthur laugh so much – probably something silly!

I love capturing Douglas’s smile, because although he’s quite a contented little boy most of the time, it doesn’t show on his face!! We had some music on and he was having a little dance!

It will be great to see how the boys change throughout the year, and it looks like a great community to get involved in. So, we’ll see if I can keep it up…!

Living Arrows

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

Donna
    January 4, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Thank you so much for joining in this year – I’ve just followed your blog on Bloglovin too – I’m looking forward to seeing your ‘Two Little Misters’ grow through the year. I love that bokeh light effect on photos – and they just look so happy! x

twolittlemisters
      January 4, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Hi Donna, thank you, and thanks for hosting! I’m looking forward to it. Bokeh is great fun to play around with isn’t it?

Topfivemum
    January 4, 2017 at 10:36 pm

What stunning pictures AND smiles! That bokeh effect (Is that right?) is amazing! Looking forward to seeing how your little ones grow this year. Such a perfect way to capture their childhood.

twolittlemisters
      January 5, 2017 at 6:02 am

Thank you! Yes bokeh is a nice effect isn’t it? Looks pretty and is useful if there’s lots of mess in the background, as there often is with us, haha!

Carolin
    January 6, 2017 at 8:18 pm

I adore these pictures. They look so so happy and the bokeh effect in the background is just gorgeous x

twolittlemisters
      January 6, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Thank you Carolin! šŸ™‚

Jess
    January 6, 2017 at 9:17 pm

I’m so glad I stumbled on your blog! I love this project and will be joining too!

twolittlemisters
      January 6, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Hi Jess, thank you for visiting! Look forward to seeing your pictures next time! šŸ™‚

Kerri-Ann
    January 8, 2017 at 9:28 am

The lights and your littles are just beautiful, sounds like the perfect link up for your boys. I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend #livingarrows

twolittlemisters
      January 8, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Hi Kerri-Ann, thank you! We have had a nice weekend thanks, quite a chilled one, mostly at home with a few walks! Hope you have had a good one too!