Crafts

DIY – A Christmas Photo Gift for under £10

At home, I have a fair few boxes and albums of ‘old’ photos. (By old, I just really mean ‘pre smart phone era’.) They take up space, but to me, memories are really important and so they are deserving of a shelf or two. They are lovely to sift through from time to time.

I love photography and naturally, since the boys came along, I have taken thousands of shots with both my DSLR and iPhone. I love Instagram, it’s fantastic for networking and micro-blogging … but how often do the photos we spend time editing and sharing actually leave our phones or computers?

When I saw the new Retro prints from Photobox, I knew they would lend themselves perfectly to some of my Instagram shots. And with Christmas coming up, I felt a craft project coming on…

Last year, the grandparents and great-grandparents were all thrilled to receive a framed photo of the boys, but this year here’s something a little different. 12 photos, one representing each month of the year. A length of twine and some miniature wooden pegs. Some pretty ribbon and hey presto – a photo bunting kit, ready to present in a gift box as a lovely keepsake for under a tenner. Write a memory on the back of each photo for extra charm.
Christmas Photo Bunting_dsc9811-2

If this gift goes down well (and I’m hoping it will!) I could see it becoming an annual tradition, with little boxes of photos and memories building up year upon year. I think I might also keep a set for Douglas and Arthur. I love the thought of them stumbling upon box full of memories years later and reading what they got up to when they were small!

Christmas Photo Bunting

Do you have any Christmas gift traditions in your family?

Links:

A6 gift box with lid

Retro Prints

Miniature Wooden Pegs

Miniature Brown Paper Bag

diyphotogift-01

Home Etc

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely
    November 23, 2016 at 8:27 pm

I love this idea. It’s so thoughtful and thoroughly lovely. It’s definitely something I’d consider making for the grandparents (although I think my mum and dad might like a version with all their pets on rather than my children).

twolittlemisters
      November 29, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Thanks Rachel! Haha, a pet version would be funny! Maybe they could personalise it with their paw prints on the back! 😂

Sabrina @ The Mummy Stylist
    November 24, 2016 at 8:56 pm

What a cute idea! I have lots of these retro prints already, but I couldn’t find those wooden pegs anywhere – I didn’t think to look on ebay, thanks for that! xx
    #HomeEtc

twolittlemisters
      November 29, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Thank you Sabrina! Yes I find a lot of handy craft supplies on eBay! Hope you found some pegs you like 🙂

Caro | The Twinkle Diaries
    November 29, 2016 at 11:32 am

Aaah Gemma!! This is SUCH a lovely idea!!!! DEFINITELY something I’d like to keep, rather than give away though!!! 😉 Thanks so much for sharing and linking up! Cx #HomeEtc

twolittlemisters
      November 29, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Haha Caro, I did think that too after I’d packed it all neatly and carefully tied the ribbon, and I think I need to make a couple more sets as well! Thank you as always for hosting, I love seeing what everyone has been getting up to x

JESS | mummyofboygirltwins
    November 29, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Gorgeous idea and lovely present for someone! Love it! Well done you and thanks for sharing, much appreciated xx

#HomeEtc

twolittlemisters
      November 29, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Thanks Jess, I always love to join in, just a shame that those opportunities are few and far between! Such is twin mum life, eh? 🙂 x